Your privacy is very important to us, and we want Yapphi to be a safe and trusted place. Please check out our summary of our privacy practices before delving deeper into the specifics.
Data Collection & Storage
- Do we use sensitive categories of data, like health information? Yes, with your consent
- Do we delete your data when you request account deletion? Yes
- Do we retain your data for as long as we need it unless you request deletion? Yes, with your consent
- Do we sell your personal information? No
- Do we share aggregate information with other members on Yapphi after anonymising it ? Yes
- Do we share your data with third party API partners? Yes, with your consent
- Do we track your device location? No
- Do we track your browsing activities on other sites? No
- Do we listen to you using your device microphone? No
Subject: Attn: Legal
3. What types of information does Yapphi collect
We collect information so that we can provide you with our Services in a way that can make life better for Kiwis. We may collect the following information, some of which is personal information:
We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, age, gender, height, weight, suburb you live in, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
We use your contact information so we can respond to your support requests and comments.
We ask you to provide consent to use information from your wearables like Apple Watch, Fitbit, Apple Heathkit etc. You can also enter your fitness stats manually. This includes information about your daily steps, energy, run / walk / swim and biked distance, and any other fitness related activities that you carried out.
We collect and process information when you sign up and use the Services. We also ask you about your experience from time to time, and how you feel you are progressing
Content You Share
We can gather information from the photos, posts, comments, ratings, reviews, and other content you may share on the Services.
When you make a payment on Yapphi, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
We may collect information from you through third parties, such as when we collect your feedback through surveys.
4. How does Yapphi use your information?
Yapphi uses the information we collect to operate the Services and to customize them for you. We use your activity information to customise your experience and provide you with an analysis of your performance, how you rank with peers etc.
We also use the information we collect to process payments, provide support related to the Services, protect members and enforce our Terms of Service.
We also use the information we collect to analyse, develop and improve the Services. We may also use the information we collect to market and promote the Services.
We do not sell your personal information. Yapphi may aggregate the information you and others make available in connection with the Services and post it publicly. Yapphi may use, sell, license, and share this aggregated information with third parties for research or business.
How Information is Shared
In addition to sharing aggregated data about our members as described above, we also share personal information in accordance with your preferences, as needed to run our business and provide the Services, and where required for legal purposes, as set forth below.
Publicly Available Information
When you join the Yapphi community, your anonymised profile can be used by Yapphi for creating competitor profiles, and other Yapphi users can compete with such profiles. Your name and other profile information is viewable only within your friends group i.e. by other Yapphi members that are connected to you.
Legal RequirementsWe may preserve and share your information with third parties, including law enforcement, public or governmental agencies, or private litigants, within or outside your country of residence, if we determine that such disclosure is allowed by the law or reasonably necessary to comply with the law, including to respond to court orders, warrants, subpoenas, or other legal or regulatory process. We may also retain, preserve or disclose your information if we determine that this is reasonably necessary or appropriate to prevent any person from death or serious bodily injury, to address issues of national security or other issues of public importance, to prevent or detect violations of our Terms of Service or fraud or abuse of Yapphi or its members, or to protect our operations or our property or other legal rights, including by disclosure to our legal counsel and other consultants and third parties in connection with actual or potential litigation.
5. How does Yapphi protect your information?We take several measures to safeguard the collection, transmission and storage of the data we collect. We employ reasonable protections for your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity. The Services use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of personal information and credit card numbers. Yapphi engages providers that are industry leaders in online security, including Services verification, to strengthen the security of our Services. The Services are registered with site identification authorities so that your browser can confirm Yapphi’s identity before any personal information is sent. In addition, Yapphi’s secure servers protect this information using advanced firewall technology.
Managing Your Settings
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings. If you need further assistance correcting inaccurate information, please contact Yapphi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yapphi will aim to respond to your request within 10-14 business days.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You can delete your account and your data by using our self-service tools.
After you make a deletion request, we permanently and irreversibly delete your personal data from our systems, including backups. Once deleted, your data, including your account and activities cannot be reinstated. Following your deletion of your account, it may take up to 90 days to delete your personal information and system logs from our systems.
Retention of Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and others, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Yapphi, such as statistics of the use of the Services. For example, we may retain depersonalized geolocation information to continue to improve the Services. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.